We are looking for a Communications Officer who joins us in the Communications & Partnership team.
Add your expertise and enthusiasm and sharpen with us the profile of two renowned research centres in the years to come. We are open to candidates from many professional backgrounds, as we believe in the power and creativity of multidisciplinary and diverse teams.
The Communication Officer will be recruited in parallel to the Event Manager.
- Creating engaging content for digital & print that increases the visibility of GMI/IMBA on a national and international level
- Developing and implementing a social media strategy that supports the overall communication strategy of the two institutes
- Tracking and analysing online performance, producing regular digital dashboards against defined metrics
- Moderating social media platforms
- Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders on social media
- Updating IMBA/GMI Wikipedia entries
- Being conscious of and compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Evaluating impact and audience engagement of media coverage collected by a Third Party
- Keeping an eye on trends
In addition to the above responsibilities the following is welcomed:
- Experience in internal communication
- Experience in storytelling
- Experience in digital marketing
- Interest in communicating Equity, Diversity and Inclusion aspects in the workplace
- Interest in communicating the environmental efforts of the Vienna BioCenter
- Experienced journalist or science communicator to degree level or equivalent
- Knowledge or a degree in arts and humanities would be an asset
- 3-5 years of professional experience
- Proven track record of corporate social media responsibilities is mandatory
- Experience in video production would be an asset
- Ability to work in an international environment
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Outstanding communication skills, especially in an international environment
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks
- Excellent knowledge of the relevant software, e.g., CMS Typo 3, Microsoft Office products
IMBA is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer. The institute provides a vibrant, exciting, and international work environment. We offer a permanent, full-time (40hrs) contract with a competitive salary (minimum annual salary according to collective agreement € 37.000, -) and benefits appropriate for an international research organization. Subsidized child-care facilities are available at the Vienna BioCenter as well as other attractive benefits such as special rates for private health insurance, training and further education, Jobticket, and an in-house cafeteria. Planned starting date: 1.11.2021.
Please apply online only. You will need a CV, cover letter, and certificates. Applications are welcome from all nationalities, gender and sexual orientations. Application deadline: 15.10.2021.