Event Manager (m/w/d)
The successful candidate knows how to design impactful activities that are fun and educative at the same time. You are well connected to suppliers and collaborators in the related fields. You wisely handle taxpayers’ money, ensure events are successful and cost-effective, and pay attention to budget and time constraints.
You are an experienced project manager who understands marketing and promotion techniques. We seek an enthusiastic, creative candidate with fresh ideas and the organisational skills required to not leave anything about an event to chance.
- Plan event from start to finish according to requirements, target audience and objectives
- Prepare and monitor budgets and ensure adherence
- Source and negotiate with vendors and suppliers
- Coordinate in-house and external collaborators
- Develop & execute communication strategy
- Evaluate the event’s success and prepare reports
In addition to the above responsibilities the following is welcomed:
- Experience in internal communication
- Experience in storytelling
- Experience in digital marketing
- Interest in communicating Equity, Diversity and Inclusion aspects in the workplace
- Interest in communicating the environmental efforts of the Vienna BioCenter
- University degree or equivalent work experience
- 5 years of professional experience
- Excellent written and spoken English and German
- Outstanding communication skills, especially in an international environment
- Ability to work independently, multitask and prioritize tasks
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Additional skills related to the broad scope of communications will be an asset
IMBA is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer. The institute provides a vibrant, exciting, and international work environment. We initially offer a 1-year, full-time (40hrs) contract with the possibility of extension with a competitive salary (minimum annual salary according to collective agreement € 38.920, -) and benefits appropriate for an international research organization. Subsidized child-care facilities are available at the Vienna BioCenter as well as other attractive benefits such as training and further education, Jobticket, and an in-house cafeteria. Planned starting date: 1.11.2021.
If you are interested, please submit your application only online (CV, cover letter, certificates). Applications are welcome from all nationalities. Application deadline: 15.10.2021.