International Course on Participatory Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
Location: Silang, Cavite, PhilippinesThis course is intended to broaden participants’ understanding of Participatory Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (PMEL) as a support to program/project management at different levels. PMEL is a tool for strengthening participation, enhancing local capacity, and increasing local people’s confidence and control over development decisions and processes.
The course examines PMEL concepts and principles equipping participants with the skills on how to use methods, tools and techniques which have been tested and used in the field. Drawing from a range of significant experiences, the course highlights key elements that enrich the on-the-ground application of PMEL and its accompanying system.
By the end of the course, participants shall have:
• Articulated the rationale for the applications of PMEL within the context of the paradigm shifts in development work;
• Identified various elements that constitute the application of PMEL; Facilitated data collection and analysis using select participatory tools for PMEL; and
• Identified practical applications of PMEL within the context of their own organizations or programs or projects.
Who should attend
• Planning, monitoring and evaluation officers
• Program officers
• Project managers
• Research / action research officers
• Trainer / extension workers
• Community facilitators
• Advocacy workers Course fees and related term
The training fee of 1,800USD covers:
• course fee
• meals and coffee breaks
• double occupancy accommodation
• course-related materials
• field and agency visits, and
• airport transfers. Single room occupancy is available upon request and at extra cost.
Fees do not include international airfare, laundry and incidental expenses. Applicants are encouraged to secure financial support from their organizations or donor agencies. IIRR reserves the right to cancel the course one month before the course starts if the required quorum is not met. This will be conveyed immediately to the applicants. Course fees will be refunded in full.