Chatham House Climate Change 2017 conference
Location: Chatham House, LondonMajor political changes of the past year have now significantly impacted on global action on climate change. Having already ushered in dramatic changes to climate-related regulation, President Trump has announced his intention to withdraw the US from the 2015 Paris Agreement.
In this context, the ambition of policy-makers internationally to take action on climate change needs to be reassessed. In the lead-up to the first 'global stocktake' in 2018, the practical challenges of emissions reductions persist and a step change is needed to achieve the goals of the Paris Agreement.
This 21st annual Chatham House Climate Change conference will address:
· Global climate policies and the dynamics of international leadership of the climate change agenda
· Climate change-related risks to financial markets and efforts to manage these
· Under-realized mitigation opportunities (such as land use, international transport and heavy industries)
· The extent of carbon pricing schemes and the prospects for expansion
· Climate change risk reduction within markets and supply chains.