International short course: Competing claims on land, water and other (agricultural) resources
Location: Wageningen, the NetherlandsThis 2-weeks training provides a mix of sharing new knowledge, analytical tools, and skill development such as conflict analysis skills, negotiation, mediation, facilitation and communication skills. The programme is further built on case studies provided by participants, that are used throughout the course for application of best practices.
The overall aim of the course programme is to contribute to sustainable natural resources management by building capacity of midcareer professionals in the NRM sector to manage conflicts over natural resources.
The specific learning objectives are to become capable to:
1. contextualise and apply analytical frameworks and methodologies to better understand competing claims on natural resources;
2. apply conflict management approaches and develop competencies to manage related change processes;
3. practice a broad range of skills to manage conflict and facilitate informed negotiation processes;
4. review institutional arrangements that hamper or foster negotiated outcomes;
5. share and document cases of competing claims on natural resources to become capable of transforming conflict in positive social change.
Candidates should meet the following requirements: relevant tertiary education, at least five years of working experience in the NRM sector, competency in English.
Practical Information Price: 3,500 Euro
Date: 26 February - 09 March 2018
Application deadline: 15 January 2018
Deadline NFP(KOP)/MENA: 18 October 2017 (for a fellowship opportunity)
Location: The Netherlands